Monday, May 07, 2007

Lots of goings on

So, I took Friday off to make it a long weekend - the weather was PERFECT. Pai and I got up early for a bike ride and then played 18 holes of golf in the afternoon. We had a blast. The only hiccup was when I blew a tire about five miles past Vienna. Not having a spare, I had to wait around while Bryan went to go buy me a new one. Golf was made better by the fact that I wasn't keeping score. Also, check out this unfortunate lie on a hole that was under some construction. We decided that David would get relief and not have to play from underneath the tractor.

The rest of the weekend was fun too. Kate and I went to Pat & Terry's Cinco de Mayo party where I defeated a dragon (piniatta) and brought Sweet Tarts and Double Bubble to the land. Sunday night was Collider's first gig at Artomatic. It went really well and we were quite pleased with our sound. Also enjoying it were the eight people there listenning. Oh well, it's Artomatic, we knew there wouldn't be anyone there.

This morning at work I'm popular all of a sudden. A local television station asked me to come on one of their talk shows to discuss the PGE rate hike (I have NO idea why but I can't make it anyway). Also, Johnson Controls has asked me to speak on renewable energy at their annual energy forum in Washington DC. That'll be fun I think.

No comments: