Monday, May 14, 2007

The best presentation I've ever seen

Hi there,

It was a great weekend. Kate and I ran a 10k on Sunday. Yes, my legs are sore today. Next weekend is my annual MS ride so I'll need to take it easy on my legs and let them recover.

One of the most impressive parts of Gore's movie, An Inconvenient Truth was the presentation itself. The power of information is greatly affected by how its presented. Anyone interested in presenting data should definitely watch this video of a presentation on global health trends. While this is not my area of expertise, this man's presentation makes it absolutely fascinating.
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/92

If you're curious, the software he uses to create the moving graphs is called Trendalyzer and was recently aquired by Google. Way cool. I hope I have an opportunity to utilize this at some point.

No comments: