Monday, July 30, 2007

Gender Stuff

Sorry this blog has been so bereft of pictures recently. I will try to do better. I had a great weekend, the highlight of which was Saturday night's "Thunderdome" party that Kate and I hosted. We had two tables of gaming fun - including poker (which I lost miserably at), Taboo, Apples to Apples, and Celebrity. Pat, George and I were a Celebrity dream team as we befuddled the ladies with characters like Christopher Lambert, Lucy Lawless, Joe Walsh, and Tron. We'll have to do that again soon.

Sunday was fun too because the band (sans our hardworking, lawyer lead singer) got together and finished a new song. We should have a gig scheduled soon and we're looking forward to playing our music for everybody.

Oh, and I wanted to share this great article I read in the Post this morning about a study of male and female bargaining behavior when getting a new job. It seems that women do bargain less, which leads to lower pay - but that there is actually a good reason for this. In the end, it's an unconscious response to very real double standards. Give it a read: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/29/AR2007072900827.html?hpid=moreheadlines

No comments: