Monday, July 09, 2007

Big News

So, I've got some big news. Kate and I have decided to move in together! It's strange that this doesn't seem like a bigger step to me. In the past, doing something like this would have been scary. But when it comes to Kate I just don't have a shred of doubt in me so instead of trepidation, it's just pure excitement at the thought of having her around. Rockin.

I had a great weekend. Friday night Kate and I saw Knocked Up - great movie. Then on Saturday I played golf with Sam - we both played really well. Saturday night, Kate and I met up with Mona, Sam and Sam's new guy, Marcello, at 1223 - a posh nightclub on CT ave. They were showing the Live Earth concert on their big screen so at 9pm the place was full of enviros. I guess the place decided to lift their dress code for the event. Later on they switched to the DJ and the five of us danced until about midnight. At that point, the music had just gotten too loud and we left. When we did there were people lined up down the block to get into this place. As I said to Bryan - the women were dressed like they are in Entourage. It was nuts. Not a place we would typically go, but it was fun. To the right is a picture of me standing in one of the club's purple lights as I reenact the final scene from the movie The Highlander. Sunday Kate and I hiked the Billy Goat trail in Great Falls National Park. It was beautiful out, but it was also 97 degrees. It was pretty brutal, but we both enjoyed it anyway.

So, random dream scene from this morning: I entered a large gray room. It was the dimensions of a basketball court and about 50 feet to the ceiling. There were no windows - just a big gray box with one set of swinging double doors. There were a mixture of barber chairs, hospital beds, and exercise machines spaced out around the room - in no aparant order or structure. Some people were there to get their hair cut. Others were being tested for diseases. Still others seemed to be doing physical therapy for injuries recieved in Iraq. In my dream before this one I had been Boba Fett, attacking a Star Destroyer so I wasn't really sure which activity I had come to this room for. I decided that it was probably a haircut and sat down in an empty seat. Josh strolled in for a haircut - he always got his hair cut here. Now he had long, black lanky hair down past his shoulders. It had patches of red from a bad highlight job and patches of gray because he was getting old. I made fun of him and flirted with his stylist. Who was going to cut my hair? I looked and saw a woman in an apron smile at me and gesture that she would be there in a minute. It was Catherine Zambito (a girl I knew in high school). She had just finised cutting the hair of Alanna Gino (a girl I used to work with). Alanna's hair was cropped really shot - she looked cute with it that way. Why was she here though - why were any of us in this room? I woke up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats to you & kate for moving in together!!! so awesome!