Tuesday, June 26, 2007

DC Planning

Part of the reason I came to NREL was to explore the incredible professional opportunities that come with working at the world's leading organization on renewable energy. A few weeks ago I spoke at a major industry event where decision makers from Fortune 500 companies listened to me speak about the future of renewable energy. Today I landed an even cooler gig. I am going to participate in a working group assisting the DC Department of Environment with their drafting of a new DC energy plan, which will focus on concrete steps the District can take to encourage energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy in the District. I may also get the opportunity to contribute to comprehensive energy legislation to be proposed in the DC Council.

This is the kind of project that I always wanted to be a part of. It's got me quite excited!

No comments: