Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Danger Zone

So, last night I drove Kate to the airport. She's off to spend a week in the Dominican Republic. She's be hanging out, seeing the country, and learning to surf. My concern is that she'll be doing it all by herself. Now, this is one very smart, independent lady. Still, she's by herself and speaks not a lick of Spanish. I'm not gonna torture myself, but I am definitely concerned. I'm sure she'll have a blast and comes home safely. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So, on the weirder side - my guitar (pictured right) crapped out on me last night. I tried to repair it myself but to no avail. Good thing I've got a full one year warranty right? So I call up the warranty place, tell them what's wrong and they say this: "We've decided that it would cost more to repair your guitar than to simply refund your money so we'll be sending you a Guitar Center credit for what you paid for it." They never even LOOKED at it - just from my description over the phone.

Thing is - they don't even want me to send the guitar back - they just want to pay me off and forget it. Sweet! I'm going to take the guitar to Chuck Levins in Wheaton this weekend and see how much it would cost to fix. Regardless, I now have $370 in Guitar Center cash to blow. Since my amp is totally fine I might just get me another guitar. HA.

No comments: