Monday, March 19, 2007

Athletic Excellence


So, this weekend was one of athletic excellence. Friday night I went bowling with Angela, Joe & Carol, and Yoshi and the incomparable Miss Silvia. It appears that after exactly three gin and tonics, I can just throw strike after strike. Weird. If I were an alcoholic, I could totally be on the pro tour. After the bowling we went out to do more drinking.

Unfortunately, once I start drinking gin I sometimes forget to stop. For that reason, Saturday became a couch marathon. I was able to make it out to see the Irish band O'Tasty that several of my friends play in (they were fantastic) but I had not a drop of alcohol on St. Patrick's Day.

On Sunday morning, Kate and I were up early and ran an 8k run with some of her friends and 3500 other folks. The course ran around downtown DC where the streets had been blocked off for the event. There were all the beautiful views of downtown DC plus bagpipers about every mile or so. It was fun. At the end they had food and Irish step dancers.

Of course, all of this reminds me that it will soon be biking season again! I am going to warm up the Team Roadhog biking machine. In the meantime, think about whether you will be willing to ride with us on May 20-21 to fight MS. Details soon.

No comments: