Sunday, November 26, 2006

So long, BA!

So, we'll head out to the airport in a couple hours. This morning we went to a beautiful and historic area of the city called Boca. It's also the most dangerous and if you go anywhere outside a four square block area for tourists you pretty much have a 100% chance of getting robbed or much worse. It was cool though. After that we did some shopping down in this neat pedestrian district that looks just like downtown Shanghai.

Yesterday we went to two polo matches. Polo is friggin awesome! I am going to learn the rules and start going to some matches in DC and Northern VA. Last night we decided to make it a last hurrah by going out for a nice dinner and then to this dutch bar (kind of like Brickskeller) with a great outdoor roof deck. We drank beers and talked about life until almost 4am (bars in Argentina stay open pretty much all night) . When the waitress brought us our check she put it down and told Jon in Spanish "Now, this isn't a joke - this is actually your bill." It was....a large number. We were all extremely intoxicated though so I suppose we got our money's worth.

Now I'm heading home. I've loved this trip, but I am ready to go home. I miss Kate and my liver is about to go on strike. I can't wait to show you all pictures of what is an absolutely amazing city.

No comments: