Friday, November 24, 2006

Places to see, things to do



Most people I meet seem to focus on the first part of that phrase and make it their ambition to see the world. I think that's important, but really enjoy the second part as well. It is my lifelong ambition to do everything at least once. I've found that every time I experience another activity on my wish list it's always worth the time and effort. Biking across France, flying an ultralight, skydiving, scubadiving - they've all been amazing experiences.

This morning I accomplished another thing on my wish list - I galloped on a horse. We were at the Estancia (dude ranch) and I got my horse (Tostada) up to a full gallop several times before we had to pack it in. It really was much smoother riding at a gallop than it was at a trot. Besides riding we had a great time there. Lots of beef for lunch - though surprisingly, a vegetarian dinner. We also had a ping pong contest (seems that I excel at ping pong - who knew?), a drag race with broken down cruiser bikes, and saw the prettiest sunset I think I've ever seen.

The Estancia was a definate highlight of the trip. Tomorrow we're going to try to go see a polo match. And now that I've galloped a horse I'm that much more excited about sinking my teeth into hang gliding, surfing, and rock climing. Who's with me?




1 comment:

lauren said...

ah! i see quilmes beer in the pic! an argentinian staple :) congrats on galloping too. definitely exhilerating...