Thursday, February 15, 2007

A nice Valentines day

So, I have been working pretty hard to prepare Kate's Valentines Day gift and last night I gave it to her. It was a cd with a recording of a song I wrote for her. It's my first real foray into recording an entire song myself. I used Garage Band on my Mac. Luckily, I have everything I need. For the guitar part, I played my acoustic using the pickup that Kate got me for Christmas. I obviously played Pai's electronic kit for the drum parts. The vocals were easy - I used one of the mic purchased during the Lavajet days. Finally, Tom keeps his spare bass at my place for practices, so I played that - though he is appalled at how "rubbery" it sounds on the recording. Anyway, Kate loved it. She brought me a wonderful card and a picture frame with one of her favorite quotes in it. Very cool. Tomorrow, we leave for Miami to celebrate my dad's birthday. I can't wait to be where it's warm!

No comments: