Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chihuly

Kate and I were in Miami for the Presidents Day Weekend, visiting my dad and step-mom. It was dad's birthday on Sunday so it was great that I could be down there with him. It was unusually cool for Miami with temperatures in the mid-50's. It was so funny watching the local weather with images of frozen temperature guages and talk about when will this frigid weather be over. Meanwhile, I had to dig my car out of solid ice to get to the airport in DC. While we were there we visited Fairchild Gardens (http://www.fairchildgarden.org/), a beautiful botanical garden where there is an extensive exhibit of Chihuly glass art. It was really speactacular. Dad and I shot over a hundred pictures each. Here are just a few:










Beyond that, the band auditioned a singer last night. He was good. He can sing and has no problem with lyrics. My problem is that he's a pretty serious guy. I am not sure I want serious lyrics. If we keep it fun and light and stupid, it just feels like having fun. If we start playing songs about regret and fallen angels then I just feel like we're another marginal rock band that doesn't realize that nobody cares. I dunno, you can't have it all. I could sing the silly lyrics, but then we're stuck with my voice and that's really not something you want to pay to hear. We'll keep looking though, who knows.

No comments: