Tuesday, January 16, 2007

GarageBand Rules

So, I spent most of this weekend getting this new direct input device working on my mac. This little box allows me to plug my instruments directly into my mac and record full songs in the GarageBand software. I've just started playing with it, but the bells and whistles are REALLY cool. I recently wrote a song for Kate that I plan to record and will post here when it's done.

Other than that, Friday night I saw a show at Velvet Lounge. It was alright. Crappy drummers really bother me. Even if the music is good, boring or poorly executed percussion just ruins a show for me. After that we went to Rock n Roll Hotel - this hipster dance club up in Northeast. It's nothing special - certainly not worth going that deep into Northeast DC for. That is, unless you're a scenester kid who likes to dance more frequently than Black Cat hosts DJ's. Speaking of Black Cat - I'm going dancing at Right Round (80's alt-pop) this Saturday night in case you feel like joining. One cool thing about R&R Hotel was that in the upstairs lounge, they had guitars with metal wings suspended from the ceiling. That was neat.

Also, here's the 6 month-old photo update on my cuter-than-heck nephew, Evan.

No comments: