Friday, July 27, 2007

Socially Conscious Shopping

Some friends and I were discussing travel offsets last night. I have never "offset" my travel before but I intend to start. A couple ways you can do this:
1. Pai tells me that Expedia allows you to add offsets to your trip while you book it - cool.
2. At www.terrapass.com you can calculate how many you'll need for your trip and buy offsets. You can also purchase offset gift packages for friends.
3. If you'd like to buy renewable energy for your home or business, check out www.green-e.org
4. Or, to find other really cool renewable energy gifts (such as a solar sholder bag that'll recharge your ipod or cell phone!), check out www.rewarestore.com.

For more great tips using carbon offsets, visit: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/07/how-to-green-your-carbon-offsets.php

No comments: